Since my return from last November’s Cactus Trip to Chile, the UK has experienced almost non-stop rain. The TV news has an endless series of reports of flooding and the misery that brings with it, interrupted by forecasts for more rain.
Every cloud has a silver lining and mine is that next week, 8 February, Angie and I fly out to California and there head south into Baja California. Hopefully Europe will have dried up a bit by the time she flies back on 1 March.
After a few more days in California, I fly to Mexico City where I meet Cliff Thompson and Ian Woolnough who can report on UK weather conditions before we head north into Mexico for a look along the Siera Madre Oriental – the list of potential cacti to cross our lenses is mouth-watering!
As usual, the intention is to post daily on-the-road reports here, where ever internet access permits.
I would not be surprised if by the time I return on 3 April, the news will be dominated by the introduction of drought control measures as the country has not benefited from any rain since 9 February!