Phew! Home safe, sound and tired at 18:00 hrs.
Empty suitcases to have my washing lined up to run the washing machine as soon as the sun hits the solar panels (if it is sunny enough). All pottery, wrapped in my laundry, got through as the six pieces that I bought!
Prepare to do list for tomorrow:
- Check car battery (it was flat, after three weeks of no action; I should have disconnected the battery before flying out)
- If needed, call Green Flag insurance for a home visit to get the car started. (It was needed and they arrived 15 minutes after my call!)
- Check fuel for the car (144 miles left!)
- Make doctor’s appointment to have toe checked out. As is often the case after walking in the desert, my toe nail (right foot this time) had come off on Friday and was still weeping, so, as all diabetics know, I need to get it checked out! Done.
- Post the ‘arrived home’ missive for this trip. (Doing it now!)
- Catch up on missing missives from the trip.
- Start planning for next trips:
- To Holland to pick up my sales plants for the coming season from Aad Vijverberg
- Ferry bookings for trips to Cologne (Angie’s Mum) for June and September
- To Madagascar once UK clocks turn to Winter time
- Check clocks all around the house to see which ones I need to turn to Summer Time this coming Sunday. Hooray! Good excuse for a drink on Saturday night to celebrate! Bottle of Malbec added to shopping list.
It’s good to be home again!